Monday, May 2, 2011

Chalk board DIY...


I have SO many old frames that are not being used. So I thought, why not transform an empty frame into a cute chalkboard for our kitchen nook? Well, in a matter of minutes, that's exactly what I did. This project is great because it's something you can do over the weekend and is both inexpensive and easy! Find an old large frame and remove the glass. Then what I did was just paint the thin wooden back on the frame that is used to hold the picture in. I painted one coat, making sure the lines were all going in the same direction, then let dry for 4 hours and paint another coat and let that dry. After the paint has dried, put the backing in the frame and presto, you're done! But for best results, let cure for 3 days before you write on it:) Use a bright colored frame or even spray paint an old wooden frame and makes a great gift for a child's bedroom or art room! The possibilities are endless! Have fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment